The Role of Energy in Psychotherapy: A Retreat on How to Use Energetics with Clients 18 CE credits for LMSWs and LCSWs and 18 CASAC Hours
to the needs of psychotherapists and other practitioners
with high job stress and burnout, this groundbreaking 4-day
retreat offers valuable methods and tools to prevent and
reduce these common conditions in the helping professions.
developed by Yolanda Koumidou, offers a method for
becoming aware, experiencing, and consciously controlling
the flow and direction of energy between ourselves and our
clients. You will learn new simple and powerful skills you
can apply with your clients while recharging, replenishing,
and revitalizing yourself in the foothills of Upstate New
- Introduce the basic components of the Voice Dialogue method.
- Introduce the theory of the Psychology of the Selves and how it utilizes energetics.
- Define “energetics”.
- Demonstrate how to use one’s energy to center and protect one’s self and how to teach this to clients.
- Demonstrate how to detach from or connect with energetically with clients.
- Teach how to become aware, experience and control energetics with clients.
- Demonstrate stress reduction techniques that can be taught to clients.
The retreat is led by Yolanda Koumidou, LCSW.
For this years complete calendar refer to Program Calendar